Posted: March 19th, 2014 | Author: givafizz | Filed under: GUESTMIXES, music | No Comments »
VinylAddicted provides us with #4 in our guestmix series.
We’re big fans of Greece born, VinylAddicted, or Akis to his friends. He has been a lover of all things disco, funk, jazz and soul from a young age and has built up a massive collection of vinyl records over the years (hence the name!).
As well as collecting and playing out his massive collection, he has been producing edits, which have seen releases on the likes of Editorial, Disco Dat and Los Grandes.
He has also rumoured to be the man behind the mysterious Editors Kutz imprint, which boasts disco heavyweights, Late Night Tuff Guy, Get Down Edits, Disco Tech and Fingerman. Impressive!
So as you can see, Akis certainly knows a thing or two about great records; both new & old. This exclusive mix he has put together for us, showcases his talent. A perfect blend of disco, soul & house, with a few unreleased gems for good measure! If you haven’t had a chance to listen over on our soundcloud channel, then it’s time you got involved.
01. Sleazy McQueen – Teeny Lovin’ (Back To The Roots EP) (Whiskey Disco)
02. Cat Miller – I Want You (VinylAddicted Rework) (Love, Peace And Freedom EP) (Funky Town US)
03. VinylAddicted – Your Life (Graceful Edit) (Tales From The City Vol 4) (DiscoDat Records)
04. LTJ – Nass Funk (Disco Tech Edits Vol 2) (DiscoDat Records)
05. Disco Tech – Don’t Let Go (Disco Tech Edits Vol 2) (DiscoDat Records)
06. MAW – Everything She Wants (Leighton Mix) (Dobro Pobedit Bablo EP) (Funky Town US)
07. Jay West – Now That You Know (Editorial #7) (Editorial)
08. Four Walls & Funky Jaws – Love Train (One Night In Grodno EP) (Kolour LTD)
09. Luvless – Deluvation (Editorial #7) (Editorial)
10. Unknown – Untitled 1 (New York Edits Vol 4) (White Label)
11. Noema – The Shake (African Shakedown Vol 2) (African Shakedown)
Posted: June 20th, 2013 | Author: givafizz | Filed under: GUESTMIXES | No Comments »
We are delighted to bring you our third guestmix, this time from the king of boogie edits, Mr Touchsoul. We’ve been a fan of Touchsoul for a long time now, enjoying his numerous 70′s/80′s discofunk, soul and boogie reworks / remixes.
This top notch mix we’ve had on repeat since he sent it to us last week, lots of great stuff in here from the likes of Joey Negro, Casino Times, Hot Toddy, Todd Terje & more. Check out the full tracklist below.
So wrap your ears around it and then head over to check out the rest of Touchsouls boogie magic on his soundcloud. Enjoy!
- Yambee – Blacker (Joey Negro Mix)
- Dude Skywalker – To The Floor
- Daniel Solar – Burning Up
- Edit Murphy – California Love (Original Mix)
- Duff Disco – Just In
- The Sunburst Band – Taste The Groove (Hot Toddy Mix)
- DRMC/Satin Jackets – I Can See The Light
- Casino Times – Trust (Original Mix)
- Shallow Taxi Club – Melody Of Creed (Monkey Boots Remix)
- Terrence Pearce – Up N’ Down
- Jaymo & Andy George – Remember
- Todd Terje – Strandbar
Posted: January 28th, 2013 | Author: givafizz | Filed under: GUESTMIXES, music | 1 Comment »
We are delighted to bring you our second guestmix, this time from Italian duo, Rambla Boys.
Rambla Boys have been going from strength to strength, helped by great remixes for Round Table Knights, Groove Armada, Chromeo and Franz Ferdinand. And they have kicked 2013 off with a bang, dropping their first release on Smile Recordings this month, featuring the stunning vocals by Stee Downes and remixes by Mickey and Rick Shiver.
The mix they´ve put together for us is deep & forward thinking, capturing a lot of music that is doing it for us right now. Give it a spin, and full tracklist is available below.
1) The XX – Angels (Atapy & Search Dip Rework)
2) Hot Since 82 – Everyday
3) Alland Byallo – Thirsty Eyes (Adam Port Remix)
4) Danny Daze & Matches – If This
5) Paolo Rocco – Move Body Move Forward
6) Liquideep – Feel It (Stimming Vocal Mix)
7) Detroit Swindle – The Standards Of Dialogue
8) &Me – Youth
9) Trickski – Past Sense
10) SBTRKT Feat Sampha – Hold On (Burnski Desert Edit)
11) Aphex Twin – Windowlicker (Renaissance Man Bootcut)
12) Ry And Frank Wiedemann – Howling (Ame Remix)
Posted: September 15th, 2012 | Author: givafizz | Filed under: GUESTMIXES, music | No Comments »
Ladies & gentlemen, boys & girls, here we have the very first Guestmix for GIVAFIZZ. Hell yes!
One of the reasons for starting the blog was to find new & upcoming talent, so it’s ideal to have Mr Woznikaitis as our first guest behind the decks. We first discovered Greg while listening to Slo-Mo Radio, a great Glasgow based radio show. With his super slow, super sexy track Can’t Stop – it turned us on straight away!
Although, other than this sexy track, we didn’t know much else – so we decided to catch up with him and find out a bit more.
Hi Greg, how are you doing today and where are you talking to us from?
Very Good. I’m currently in a hotel room in the Pocono Mountains of my home state Pennsylvania.
Tell us a bit about your journey into music – where did it start? What sort of stuff you like? What influences you?
I grew up listening to punk and hardcore music as a teenager but I was always opened minded to all kinds of music and still am. I usually love anything that Hot Creations or Permanent Vacation puts out, I recently had a chance to see one of my favorite new producers, MANIK, play an after hours party in Philly and he destroyed it. Luckily I live so close to Philly and there is such a great underground house and disco scene there and I’ve gotten to meet and become friends with a lot of great like minded DJs there. Love playing that city.
We first came across your music on Slo-Mo Radio and loved your track “Can’t Stop” – super slow & sexy! Tell us more about what went into the making of this track.
Thank you, glad you liked it. I love doing warm up sets and playing down-tempo and thats what it’s made for. I basically just really liked that vocal sample and wanted to build the track around that.
Tell us about your Tonight remix, another great slo-mo. How did that come about? Is it your first official release?
Yes it was my first official release. Ejay (Hotbox) was starting up his label (Hotbox Music) and really liked “Can’t Stop” and asked if I wanted to remix one of his tracks, which i was very stoked to do and it ended up getting great support from Beatport, charting it in the 10 Must Hear Nu-Disco tracks of the week.
Thanks for the super guestmix. Top notch. It seems you’ve strayed into more deep house vibes here. Is this the way your influences and productions are set to go?
Thank you. Yeah, definitely on the deeper side. I’ve been so busy lately that I haven’t had much time to DJ so I wanted to record a set similar to what you would expect to hear if i were playing a club.
What does the future hold for Greg? Any new productions we can look forward to?
I’m currently working on an E.P. for Hotbox Music and my buddy Matt (Softmore) and I had thrown the idea around of collaborating on some new stuff. He’s coming up from NYC for a visit next weekend so we’ll see what we can come up with, but we’ll probably just end up drinking too much and bullshitting and never get any actual work done. That’s usually what we do.
Now to the main event. GIVAFIZZ GUESTMIX 001, with thanks for Greg Woznikaitis. Let’s go…
Compuphonic – Sunset feat. Marques Toliver
HNQO – Point of View
David Keno – Heroes
Claptone – Good To You
Patrick Bodhi & Frankie J Dickens – Same Old Story
Sir Jesse Lee Davis – Let Your Soul Be Free (11 inch Mix)
James Pople – Who’s That Girl (Miguel Puente Remix)
Zimmer – Slave To Your Heart feat. Jeremy Glenn (Mercury Remix)
Markus Eden – With Me
Tigerskin – In Public
Homework – I’m Into This (Andre Crom, Martin Dawson remix)